Have you received an email or letter from someone threatening to take legal action or make a claim against you? Here's what to do:
- Don't panic. If you have taken out professional indemnity or public liability insurance with us, you are most likely covered, and we will help.
- Don't admit blame, apologise, or try to reason with anyone who is issuing legal threats.
- If there has been loss or damage caused by malicious persons such as thieves, rioters or vandals, contact the police immediately and get a crime reference number.
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent further loss or damage, or to recover lost property.
- Talk to us. We are here to help and may be able to advise you on your best course of action. Even if you are not sure whether you will need to make a
claim on your insurance policy, it is better to notify us early of any potential problems. It won't count against you in the future if it turns out to
be a false alarm.
How to make a claim
You can submit a claim using our online claim form.
What we don't allow
Please be aware that if you make a fraudulent or exaggerated claim, or make a false statement in support of a claim, or submit
a false or forged document in support of a claim, then we may refuse to pay the claim, whether or not the claim itself is genuine.